Last Updated: 18 April 2023
We, at CREATE PCs, place great emphasis on safeguarding your privacy. Our commitment to transparency means that we openly disclose our privacy practices, including how we handle your personal information. This policy outlines our privacy practices for createpcs.co.uk, also referred to as the “Site,” and we will use “we,” “us,” and “our” to denote CREATE PCs. The term “Services” refers to any services that we offer through the Site. As the data controller responsible for your personal information, Springer Digital Ltd T/as CREATE PCs (registered in England and Wales with company number 11508378) ensures compliance with this policy.
Unit 5 Blenheim Court
Welwyn Garden City
03333 444 127
To provide you with our Services and conduct our business operations, we require the processing of your personal information. By accepting our Terms and Conditions, you confirm your understanding and acceptance of this policy, including the purposes and methods of personal information use. If you do not wish us to collect or process your personal information in accordance with this policy, you should not use our Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any third-party websites that we reference on our Site or in our Services.
Our Terms and Conditions mandate that all account owners be at least 18 years old. Children aged between 13 and 18 are permitted to use our Services with the appropriate permission and supervision from the account owner. However, children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our Site or Services. You are responsible for any actions taken by minors using your account.
By utilising our Services, you acknowledge that CREATE PCs may use your personal information in the United Kingdom and any other country in which we operate. Please note that the privacy laws and regulations in some countries, including government authority access to your personal information, may differ from those in your country of residence. We will only transfer personal information to countries authorised by law and will ensure that your personal information receives appropriate protection.
Information Collected or Received
In order to provide our Services, we may obtain your personal information through several means. In some instances, you can choose what information to provide, but we may require certain information to be able to offer you the Services.
If you decide to create an account on our Site, we will need a valid email address, first name and surname. You can modify your first name and surname through your account settings. If you would like your email address to be removed, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will either delete your account or change the email address on your account to a generic email address that does not contain any personal data.
For specific services, we may require additional information such as invoice, delivery and payment details (including invoice address, delivery address, company name, telephone numbers and credit card information). Although you are not obligated to provide us with this information to create an account, we need it to provide certain services. For instance, if you purchase an item on our Site, we will need a physical delivery address.
We do not store complete credit card information on our servers. Instead, we store a payment token, the expiry date, and the last four digits of your credit card number to allow us to accept future payments without requiring you to enter your full card details.
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect and record information from your browser or mobile device such as your IP address or unique device identifier, cookies, and the pages you visit. This information helps us operate and provide the Services, analyse how the Services work for visitors, prevent fraud, and provide personalised advertising across devices.
We may also collect device-specific information, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, IP address, and device identifiers, to improve our Services.
We collect information about your use of our Services, including your IP address, browser information, and referrers, for advertising, analytics, to serve content, and to protect our Services. We use your IP address to determine your location and provide Services tailored to your region.
Transfers Outside of Europe
CREATE PCs is based in the United Kingdom, and if you are located outside of the UK, your personal information will be transferred to the UK for processing by Springer Digital Ltd T/as CREATE PCs. As a data controller, Springer Digital Ltd T/as CREATE PCs has agreed to comply with this Privacy Notice and European privacy laws in relation to information transferred from Europe. However, as the United Kingdom does not have a decision of adequacy from the European Commission, the laws in the UK may not provide the same level of protection as the laws in Europe. In order to safeguard your rights, CREATE PCs has taken measures to ensure that your personal information is protected when transferred to the UK, such as the use of the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
Information Provided to Third Parties
To provide our Services, we may need to share your personal information with third parties. However, we only provide this information to third parties for the sole purpose of fulfilling the Services you have requested. The following outlines the details of the Services provided:
For orders placed on the Site:
- We will provide your first name, surname, invoice address, delivery address, company name, email address, telephone number, and IP address, as well as payment details such as credit card number, expiry date, CVC number, cardholder name, and any other payment information you enter on the Site to our payment provider. This information is used to fulfil Services and prevent fraud.
- We will provide your first name, surname, invoice address, delivery address, company name, email address, and telephone numbers to our courier (DPD) for the purposes of fulfilling any Services you request.
- We may provide your order reference number, currency, total order price, order quantity, and some aspects of the specification you have ordered (such as the processor and graphics card) to Google, Facebook, Bing, and Hatch B.V. This is used for sales tracking purposes.
- We will provide your email address, delivery country, and any associated EAN numbers to Google Customer Reviews. Google Customer Reviews is a program that allows you to rate your purchase experience with partners who participate in the program. The rating you give in your review can help other shoppers make an informed decision to purchase.
- If you opt-in to receive a survey from Google Customer Reviews, Google will send you one email a few days after your order has been delivered. Google will not send any other emails as a result of you opting in.
- To ensure that your credit, debit, or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate the name, address, and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed, and that your credit rating will not be affected.
For orders placed on the Site under the finance payment option:
- We will provide your first name, surname, invoice address, delivery address, company name, email address, telephone numbers, and IP address, as well as your deposit value to our finance provider. This information is used to fulfil Services and prevent fraud.
Cookies & Analytics
We employ cookies to gather user information from the Site, with the aim of improving the user experience. Cookies serve to remember the specifications previously configured, enabling a convenient loading of the specifications when the Site is revisited. Additionally, cookies are utilised to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns on external websites, achieved by directing the visitor to a tracking URL. Please note that cookies are not employed for any other purpose, and we will never contact you directly based on data collected through cookies.
We make use of Google Analytics for online remarketing purposes. Our ads are displayed on various websites across the Internet by third-party vendors, including Google. The Site and third-party vendors, such as Google, utilise first-party cookies (e.g., the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (e.g., the DoubleClick cookie) jointly to inform, optimise, and provide ads based on your previous visits to the Site. In case you do not want your data to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you have the option to opt-out.
The cookies below are essential for the proper functioning of our Site:
|PHPSESSID||Stores and identifies a users unique session ID. Expires when the browser is closed by the user.||~|
|__CF_BM||A third party cookie from CloudFlare for bot management.||30 Minutes|
|QUOTE[<configurator_id>]||When saving a quote we set a cookie to remember your progress. These cookies do not store personal data.||1 Month|
Choice & Control
We provide you with options to control certain personal information that you share with us. You can edit or remove optional information that you previously provided, such as your name, that you no longer wish to be publicly visible through the Services. You can also request the deletion of your personal information from your account.
Additionally, you have the following rights:
- Data access and portability: You can obtain a copy of the personal data that you provided to CREATE PCs through your online account.
- Data correction: You can update your personal data through your online account.
- Data deletion: You can request that CREATE PCs delete your personal information (except information that we are required to retain) by contacting us.
- Withdrawal of consent or objection to processing: You can ask CREATE PCs to stop processing your personal data in limited circumstances, with some exceptions, by contacting us.
We may send you emails about the Services or your activity, including service-related emails such as customer support emails, order status emails, or legal notices. You can opt-out of non-required emails, such as newsletters, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
If you no longer wish to use the Services or receive service-related emails (except for legally required notices), you can request the deletion of your data by contacting us.
Occasionally, CREATE PCs may need to get in touch with you. Typically, these messages are sent via email, and it is necessary for every account to have a valid email address on record in order to receive them. In some cases, CREATE PCs may also contact you by phone to provide support for Services that you have requested. If a valid mobile number is on your account, an SMS (or similar) message may be sent to notify you when Services are dispatched or completed. If you send a physical mail to us, we may respond with a physical letter, by email, or by phone.
Certain messages from CREATE PCs are related to the Services and are necessary to provide information about the Services you have requested. By agreeing to this policy, you acknowledge that CREATE PCs may send you non-marketing emails or messages, such as those related to transactions, your account, security, or product changes. Examples of service-related messages include a welcome email when you create an account, confirmation of an order, service availability, and correspondence with our support team.
When you create an account, subscribe to a newsletter, save a quote or otherwise provide us with your email address or phone number, you provide your unambiguous consent to receive marketing emails and messages from us. You may unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in marketing emails or messages.
Forums, Reviews & Testimonials
CREATE PCs provides forums for users to post reviews and testimonials. While using these features is optional, users should exercise caution and discretion when sharing personal information on the Site. It’s important to keep in mind that any personal information that users choose to share on the Site could be read, collected, or used by others and may result in unsolicited messages.
It’s worth noting that content posted in forums, reviews, and testimonials generally won’t be removed by CREATE PCs, and the information may remain public even after the user’s account is closed. Therefore, it is the responsibility of users to carefully consider the personal information they choose to post on the Site.
Additionally, other visitors may follow a user’s public activity on the forum to receive updates, such as when a user makes a forum post. To maintain privacy, users can adjust their forum account settings to make certain activities private.
Information Uses, Sharing & Disclosure
When you use our Services, we collect, use, share, and process your personal information as explained in this policy.
To do so, we rely on various legal bases, including:
- fulfilling our contractual obligations to you and providing the Services you requested;
- obtaining your consent, which you can withdraw at any time;
- complying with legal obligations, court orders, or defending legal claims;
- pursuing our legitimate interests, such as those of our visitors or partners;
- making the information you provide public, as you have expressly agreed to;
- serving the public interest; and
- protecting your vital interests or those of others.
It is important to note that we generally rely on your consent:
- to send you marketing messages;
- to share your data with third parties for advertising purposes; and
- to use your location data for advertising purposes, if applicable.
Where we process your information on the basis of legitimate interests, we do so as follows:
- Our use of your information is based on legitimate interests, which include improving and customising our Services, understanding how they are being used, ensuring their safety and security, providing and improving our products, billing and payments, targeted online and offline marketing, and general research and aggregate reporting. We may use your browsing and purchasing behaviour on our Site to suggest potential purchases and to customise your experience. We may share demographic information with business partners, but it will be aggregated and de-personalised, so that personal information is not revealed.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances, such as to comply with a court order or legal requirement, to prevent harm or crime, or to protect our legal rights. We may engage third-party companies to help us operate, provide, and market the Services, and they have limited access to your information and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
- Third-party plug-ins and cookies on the Site may collect information about your use of the Services, and their privacy policies will govern your use of those sites or services. We encourage you to read their privacy policies and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to them.
At CREATE PCs, safeguarding your personal information is of utmost importance. We adhere to industry-standard protocols to ensure that your information remains protected during transmission and after it is received. To secure your account information, we store your password in a one-way encrypted format. We urge you to exercise caution in selecting a strong password and keeping it secure to prevent unauthorised access. It’s recommended to sign out after each session to maintain the security of your account and information. In case you have any questions regarding the security of your personal information, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that despite our efforts to safeguard your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure. While we take every possible measure to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
CREATE PCs will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, as long as your CREATE PCs account remains active, or as required to provide you with the Services. We may also need to retain and use your information to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce agreements and for other purposes as described in this policy. In addition, we retain log files for internal analysis purposes, and these files are typically kept for a short period unless they are needed for site safety and security, to improve site functionality, or we are required to keep them for a longer period by law.
You have several rights in relation to the processing of your personal information by CREATE PCs. If you want to manage, modify, or delete your personal information, you can do so through your online CREATE PCs account or by contacting us directly. If you request it, we will inform you whether we hold any of your personal information. By accessing your online account, you can view, correct, modify and delete specific personal information linked to your account. Additionally, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information and to obtain a copy of your information in a user-friendly format, subject to certain limitations. If you require further assistance, please contact us via the contact section on the site and we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests, or in the public interest, you have the right to object to such processing in specific situations. In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have a compelling legitimate reason to continue processing it or if we are required to do so by law. If we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object by using the unsubscribe link provided in those communications.
If you have provided consent to the processing of your information and use of the Services, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For instance, if you no longer wish to receive email marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in such emails. You may also choose to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information and use of the Services by contacting us at email@example.com and requesting that all associated data be deleted. It is important to note that this deletion is permanent and your account cannot be restored once the data is deleted.
From time to time, we may amend or update this policy. If the changes we make are significant, we will notify you in one or more of the following ways: (i) posting the changes on the Site, (ii) sending you an email or message about the changes. We recommend that you check back regularly and review any updates to this policy.
If you have any questions:
Contact CREATE PCs on 03333 444 127.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to us at the following addresses:
Unit 5 Blenheim Court
Welwyn Garden City
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing activities, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.